We interview scientists

Saturday, October 9, 2010, 19:00. I sit in the corner of St. Daniel, in Milford, CT to a type picturesque, hipster café called Café Atlantique. Tonight is the night for the first time this month we are scientists and half barbarians Here is the American Tour, which has scientists covering the East Coast, Midwest, and the United Kingdom. I have about an hour to kill before the interview, so start reviewing notes before the interview. After a few moments, I look up and see that scientists accidentally come in (hipsters). Briefly consider playing the star struck fan, making a huge scene, but then look down at the piece of chocolate cake that had been working, and return to work. I finish my notes, and the cake (not necessarily in that order), contact your tour manager Brandon for everything to work. The following was carried out at a back table of Café Atlantique. The interview begins with guitarist / vocalist Keith Murray and I, shortly after which, we are joined by bassist / vocalist Chris Cain. Keith and Chris are easily the nicest guy I've had the privilege to interview date.

TIS: I have not really want to do a typical interview with you. We can do a couple of questions required band, and then to have some mindless fun, fictional?

Keith: Of course. We stand for nonsense.



TIS: Okay, so the guys seem to be the real joke everywhere except in his music. His lyrical content seems even pain sometimes in the vein of Tim Kasher (italic). How can the comedy in the songwriting process?

Keith: I would not reconcile comedy songwriting. I would say that there seem to be in sad harmony, if harmony can even be used to describe something that is daunting for many people. I'd also say that our problem is that the songs we like to joke, and we like people cranky, so I write "no joke" songs, and not misbehave humor (laughter on both ends). Obviously, the packaging in which there was a song, it affects the way it is digested by people who are listening, but it certainly would be terrible in the delivery of our music in a way too serious.

TIS: Sure, I understand what you're saying (I think).

Keith: Yeah, probably you need to think a little more from us. We went with our guts until now, but maybe that's not the way forward. Perhaps we need to redirect one way or another. Maybe the next album all the songs must be joking.

TIS: Okay. (At this point, Keith received a text from Chris says it is directed more to the interview. Keith and I remain in the interim). Can you tell me about one of his funniest memories of the tour?

Keith: Oh, man. Among many, I say it with our latest drummer Danny Allen, a talented mimic. He also loves accents, and pose as almost everyone knows, but what he loves more than anything else, especially when drunk, is "chimping out."

TIS: Um, did you say "chimping out"?

Keith: (Laughing) Yes, it is when it enters a crazy monkey rant. Only been a few times, but when it does, is a true sight to behold. The reason is on my mind right now is Chris recently took some photos of recent chimpanzee Danny. (At this point, Chris enters the interview. Low and behold, he has his laptop with him and is happy to share some of the famous "chimpanzee to" me).

Chris: Let me help you understand this through pictures, as the words really do not convey the full effect.

TIS: I can only imagine.

Chris: At one point, you will be able to do more than imagine, and then you longing for the time before you saw this incredible transformation.

TIS: Wow. (See the facebook link at the bottom of this interview for more "chimpanzee" photos).

Chris: Yeah, man becomes the chimpanzee.

Keith: Who would have thought?

Chris: And after that, no man can look without seeing the chimp, and that's what you do not say.

Keith: Yeah, that's the danger.

TIS: So this is the current drummer?

Chris: Yes, Danny Allen.

(At this point, we are waiting for Chris to shoot more photos, and Keith and Chris sidebar as time passes).

Keith: I got a coffee in a nice ceramic mug, and mine is in this work to bring the cup?

Chris: Well, obviously, they are crossing their fingers, waiting to leave.

Keith: I had to pay for the mine with a credit card, so ...

Chris: Get out. Worthless.

Keith: You're an idiot.

Chris: Really paid a dollar on your card?

Keith: It's actually two dollars.

Chris: Mine was only a dollar. I guess that is smaller though.

TIS: So do you mind if I take a picture of the image of the "chimp out"?

Chris: Not at all. You can also email them to you if you want, but if you prefer to see it in the context of my team, that's fine too.

TIS: I will be ambitious and go for both if you do not mind.

Chris: Not at all.

Keith: Also, just to give you an idea more than life in general we live as musicians on tour, here's a text that has just arrived: "Thank you to grab our team You are definitely getting a shirt from me., And maybe jelly beans. "

TIS: Okay, can not beat the jelly beans. So there has been much speculation about the origin of its name. Can you please go make a record now, and check my personal favorite, as cited their reason for being an ode to the Cap'n Jazz song "We Are Scientists"?

Keith: Well, that's the most boring, a mundane.

TIS: Hey, be nice.

Keith: Well, just for getting up from someone else ...

TIS: Well, well. Can we do better then? Uhaul is the story true?

Keith: Indeed, the story is true Uhaul. But if you want to develop a new story for you?

TIS: No, no. The Uhaul is still very very good.

Keith: Yes, the Uhaul employee asked if we were brothers, and then scientists, inspecting the truck, is in fact the real story.

Chris: Yeah, we thought they might be brother scientists.

TIS: Ok, so they are fans of Cap'n Jazz, at least?

Chris: Well, we're really big fans of The Promise Ring, but to be honest, no more than Cap'n Jazz fans.

TIS: Really? It's a shame.

Keith: I think it's fair to say that the first time someone asked us if we named our band after that song, I had never heard of him.

TIS: Really?

Keith: Yes, none of the two fans were enough to know the actual title of the song.

TIS: Ok, so you did a series of short videos on MTV in the UK called "Steve wants his money" were damn funny.

Chris: Ah, yes.

Keith: Chris actually just re-seen the night before.

Chris: Yeah, and I am a big fan. I'm back on a positive note: "I laughed my ass surely love that show.".

Keith: Well, is the measure of his sense of humor, let's be honest here.

Chris: That's true.

Keith: I have not seen since the changes.

Chris: Yes, and no doubt made the worst possible version, but it is so good that no amount of editing could destroy (Keith and I laughed). You laugh, but it's true.

TIS: Will it be a season 2?

Keith: We are not definitely going to try to make a second season, but we will try to do another TV project.

TIS: Ok.

Keith: We do not know exactly what yet. A friend recently got a job presenting a program called "Gonzo" on MTV in England, so let's try and weasel our way into that has a regularly recurring segment on it, but it is still a demand not orderly.

TIS: Good luck with that. So that's the jargon of the band required. Now I would like to pass the random part of the interview fiction, where I will give you some of the scenarios, and work them out from there.

Keith: Sounds good, let's try.

TIS: Cool. The first scenario, you are locked in a basement with Gary Busey and no way out. What do you do?

Keith: Hmm, so I have the feeling that if you told Gary Busey was not a whole pig roasting on a spit out of the basement, which was to get out. Busey What more fantasy? RC Cola, RC Cola boxes.

Chris: and jelly beans. Jelly Bellies in particular. And teddy bears too.

Keith: teddy bears? Jesus.

Chris: Maybe not the way it imagines voracious things than others, but he loves teddy bears. If I could have one thing to try to get me out of the ground floor, Gary would certainly be inside with the outside of foods, creating smells that permeate the basement. I easily prefer a piece of mining equipment.

Keith: I would prefer that even the keys to the door.

Chris: It would certainly be more fun.

Keith: So wait a minute, Teddy Bears, Teddy Graham do you mean?

Chris: Yes.

Keith: Ok, no stuffed animals?

Chris: No, no, we call them teddy bears.

Keith: Who or what people call the teddy bears?

Chris: When you go to the grocery store, with no stuffed animals, so one can think that has to be Teddy Grahams or honey that comes in bottles of a bear.

Keith: Well, what about Gummy Bears?

Chris: Good idea, good point. There is no room for error when only put teddy bears on the shopping list.

TIS: Well, I for one am happy with that answer. The second scenario, you wake up one morning naked in a strange bed next to the prince, who is also naked. What do you do?

Chris: I called my publicist and try to get the most out of it. The worst is over and now it's time to reap the rewards.

TIS: Sounds good. The third scenario, you develop a full blown drug and / or alcohol problems that land on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Who do you cast on the show with you ... Whom do you want to keep your hair while in the bathroom throwing up?

Chris: Carmen Electra, Yasmine Bleeth and Jenny McCarthy. Oh, and Yancy Butler. Mine will too, that would be a great show. TV beauty as five or ten years past his prime.

Keith: You say that what really is his name, BASEketball, is only five years prior to his cousin?

Chris: Jenny McCarthy.

Keith: Yes, it is only five years prior to his cousin?

Chris: Well, I said five to ten, so well, which can be ten.

Keith: So BASEketball was your best moment? I have a curiosity, as you may feel differently.

Chris: No, that was it. It was his first and Yasmine Bleeth is, and Dr. J.

Keith: Dr J was in BASEketball? It was certainly Squeak and Reel Big Fish Scalery principal. Man, BASEketball cousins ​​a lot of people.

Chris: Yes, absolutely.

Keith: Ernest Borgnine as well.

Chris: Yes, Ernest Borgnine. That's a hell of a link.

TIS: I definitely can work with that. The final scenario, you're next album is a version of Hip Hop. What are their stage names?

Keith: I want my name to DJ DJ hepatitis C, or not, I mean MC hepatitis C. That s my name MC.

Chris: My name Hip Hop is going to be passive aggressive.

Keith: How do you write?

Chris: the traditional spelling. Well, maybe not the end of an E or another word. Yes, I'll skip the finals importance E.

TIS: Sounds good. So I have curiosity after sitting here talking to you, I usually get along, and play each other so naturally?

Chris and Keith at the same time: This is a day of tour (laughs).

Keith: Tomorrow, you're probably not talking.

Chris: Part of what keeps us healthy, we took each two days apart. Even if we have a show, and are on stage at one of our days "free", we will do our best to not make eye contact. Even the alignment is too much.

Keith: Yes, we've had these Chinese screens set up before, and tried to make the theme of the stage of Asia, so people really do not suspect anything, but you can not make the East in all the tours, you know?

Chris: For a while, we were both using a single-blind, obviously on both sides of our glasses.

Keith: Yes, just as Woody Allen said, "Whatever Works".

TIS: Very nice.

Chris: Way to bring it full circle, very masterful.

TIS: Thank you guy's. This has been great.











0 comments:

Post a Comment