The New Neighbours

It's still early days yet but our new neighbours are here and have been for the past couple weeks. I have met them and they do seem okay.

They have a bright young daughter who only just turned four years old. She speaks very well for her age and is quite assertive. Thankfully she has stopped her thing of just walking into our house including at the early hours of the morning. I walked out of my bedroom not quite dressed and there she was, looking for our youngest two children. Yes, a message must be given to our eldest to LOCK the front door when she leaves for school.

I only met the girl's father yesterday who isn't home all the time being a miner and haven't had much of a chance to talk to him yet. I've had a short chat to the girl's mum and she seems fine as well.

While speaking to the new bloke next door, I did mention that it's a good area here and the neighbours get along, much better than the place we were at before were Police would be at our door every time one of our kids was naked in the backyard, despite being 3 and 4 years old. I liked his response, "I'm from the bush, doesn't bother me." Now there's a good start.

I did mention that we allow our children to be dressed or not as they please and not a single tremor. Cool so far.

Will see how things go as times go on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment